Recession warriors take heart. You can find cheap flowers for Valentine’s Day in The Downtown LA Flower District California Flower Mall and impress your sweetheart with an exciting romantic urban adventure exploring the largest wholesale flower district in the U.S. Savvy DIY floral shoppers can save up to 70% on flowers, bouquets and live potted plants at California Flower Mall the largest new wholesale flower market in the eight block LA Flower District. Here’s how to navigate the LA Flower District like a pro:
- The LA Flower District California Flower Mall caters to the wholesale trade.
- Some vendors may sell to individuals without a “resale license” others do not
- Most California Flower Mall wholesalers welcome both trade and Do-It-Yourself DIY amateur florists. That’s why there is no admission charge to enter CFM
- Valentine’s is one of the busiest wholesale flower holidays of the year.
- Start your Valentine’s LA Flower District adventure no later than 7am Saturday to beat auto and pedestrian traffic and street closures
- Relax while your sweetheart picks a bouquet from the biggest selection of fresh cut flowers and potted orchids in the country
- Remember to buy two roses, pop blooms off the stems and put the petals in your back pocket for a special surprise later in the day – see afternoon instructions below.
- LA Flower District California Flower Mall extends weekday hours later in the evening week before Valentine’s Day. Check to confirm when they open 24 hours a day, usually Saturday through Sunday February 14th Valentines Day. CFM is the only wholesale flower market that stays open all night one or two days before major holidays – check our website each day to confirm hours.
- Arrive before 7 am Saturday for the best experience
- Take a romantic stroll together on the sidewalks of the eight block flower district and enjoy a festival of fragrances and colors that dazzle the senses, and make hearts and souls sing.
- Plan to pay cash for your purchases. An ATM is available on the San Pedro St. side of the California Flower Mall.
- If flower shopping is one of many items on your Valentine’s weekend itinerary:
- The LA Flower District California Flower Mall has front door surface level parking with proof of purchase for quick in and out access
- Holiday parking policies and prices are subject to change during holiday weeks so arrive early for parking deals too
- Bring a vase or bucket to keep flowers fresh if you plan on doing a lot of things before you can get your flowers home.
After your early morning LA Flower District adventure, savor an authentic Hawaiian brunch at Aloha Café or other downtown LA restaurants. Plan in advance to delight her with an afternoon nap on a freshly made bed of clean crisp sheets generously sprinkled with rose petals - remember the ones you put in your pocket earlier? Have a bottle of wine, a book of poetry, soft music and your local pizza delivery phone number on hand before you sink between the sheets. Value the magic of simple gestures and small things and your romantic Valentine’s weekend will blossom into a sensuous celebration of pure love and appreciation.