LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - May 4, 2010) - Burst through recession blues with cheap flowers for Mother's Day and Dia de las Madres at The Los Angeles Flower District California Flower Mall. Treat Moms to a dazzling springtime adventure at the largest wholesale flower district in the U.S. and save 70 - 80% off retail prices. Let Mom pick her own flowers from tons of farm fresh blooms at the largest new wholesale Los Angeles flower markets in the LA Flower District. Here are five recession busting tips to shop for Mother's Day flowers in the LA Flower District like a pro:
- The LA Flower District California Flower Mall caters to the wholesale trade:
- California Flower Mall wholesalers welcome both trade and Do-It-Yourself DIY florists. There is no admission charge to enter CFM
- Some vendors sell to individuals without a "resale license" others don't.
- Mother's Day is the busiest wholesale flower holiday of the year:
- Start your Mother's Day adventure before 7am Saturday to beat traffic and street closures
- Relax while Mom picks blooms from the biggest selection of fresh cut flowers and plants in the country
- Price bargaining is acceptable - the best deals are on Friday or Sunday afternoon near closing time.
- CFM is open 24/7 from 4am Saturday to 8pm Sunday and weekdays to 8pm. It's the only wholesale flower market open late weekdays and all night before Mother's Day:
- Arrive before 7am Saturday for the best experience
- Stroll the colorful sidewalks of the eight block flower district and enjoy a festival of fragrances and colors that dazzle the senses.
- Plan to pay cash for your purchases. An ATM is located on the San Pedro St. side of CFM.
- CFM has front door surface level customer parking with proof of purchase for quick in and out access:
- Holiday parking policies and prices are subject to change during busy holiday weeks so arrive very early for parking deals too
- Bring a vase or bucket with water to keep flowers fresh if you plan on stopping for brunch before you can get your flowers home.
"The silver lining in a recession is learning to value the magic of simple gestures and heartfelt gifts you can truly afford to honor Moms," reflected Mark Chatoff, President of the LA Flower District California Flower Mall. "This year let Mom's special weekend blossom into a joy-filled celebration of pure love and appreciation."
Mark Chatoff is Owner and President of The LA Flower District California Flower Mall and Chairman of The LA Fashion District Business Improvement District. The LA Flower District California Flower Mall is the newest premier 45,000sf wholesale flower market in the eight-block Downtown LA Flower District -- the largest wholesale flower district in the U.S.